Star Catcher Publishing is accepting queries or manuscripts for the following anthology:
Forward Motion for Writers is a free online website for the writer who wishes to move forward towards a writing career, whether pursuing traditional or Indie publishing options. The website has offered forums, chat, workshops, and other resources for over 12 years. It is a resource we do not wish to see go away. Enter the…
Forward Motion Short Story Anthology
All profits from the anthology will be donated to the writing site “Forward Motion” to pay for hosting costs, domain costs, technical support, and other site-related expenses. What are the profits? List price minus expenses such as but not limited to: retailer fees, transaction costs (such as what Amazon charges for wireless delivery), Paypal fees, and taxes.
NOTE: The goal is for the majority of the incoming funds to go to Forward Motion. Because of that, the Editors, authors, and Star Catcher Publishing will not earn a fee.
The anthology will be published through Star Catcher Publishing. Star Catcher Publishing will reserve world-wide nonexclusive rights to include the contracted short story in an anthology (ebook and print). Nonexclusive means you can sell the story again to other anthologies, markets, or yourself.
Current Anthology Prompt:
“A Princess, a Boatman, and a Lizard”
All three must feature in the short story. They do not necessarily have to be a literal representation or characters, although that is preferred, but still need to use the words “Princess,” “Boatman,” and “Lizard” at least once. Use your imagination how all three can fit. For example: A boatman can mean several things such as a Venice boat taxi, a guide over the underworld river Styx, across the Mississippi River in the old west, a boat rowed across a castle moat, and so on.
- Genres: Any. (Please see additional guideline below.)
- The submissions must be PG-13 or below to ensure wide availability of the Anthology. This excludes subjects such as explicit sex or extreme violence.
- 1000 – 7000 words in length.
- Poetry accepted, up to a total of 6 pieces total for the anthology. Word count for poetry does not follow the above word length guideline. Please note: simple formatting is required. Ebooks have limitations.
- Limit of one story or poetry piece included per author.
- You must have the copyright rights to submit to the Anthology. Reprints are accepted.
- In your submission, also include a paragraph or two about how the Forward Motion website and the information available through it have helped you as a writer.
- Include your preferred penname plus a small byline of 1-2 paragraphs about your author-self. You may include a mention of published work as well as a website link. NOTE: Website link must be to a personal blog or website, and not to a retailer.
- Please send submissions to J.A. Marlow (Dreamerscove) at firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in one of the following formats: .txt, .doc, .rtf, .odt. In the subject line please put “Forward Motion Anthology” and include the submission title and author name AND Forward Motion screen-name. In the body of the attachment include the submission title, the penname/author name and the story itself.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 5th, 2012
- PUBLISHING DATE: Goal is November 15th, 2012
Who is eligible to submit?
- Any writer in good standing who has been an active part of Forward Motion for a minimum of 3 months (90 days) at the time of submission.
- You do not have to be previously published.
- Supporting the free “Forward Motion For Writers” website.
- Byline including mention of any other published works, with a website link for the Author.
- Free ebook copy of the anthology for all authors included. This will be provided through a Smashwords.com coupon. If you would prefer to buy the anthology at full price to support the website, that is fully acceptable, too!
Senior Editor: J.A. Marlow
Assistant Editors: Jan Sophia Grace
As senior editor, please understand that the Editor’s choice on inclusion or exclusion is final. Thank you.
About the publisher: Star Catcher Publishing is dedicated to publishing enjoyable quality genre stories with a nod towards good old-fashioned storytelling. See http://starcatcherpub.com for more information on the publisher.
Posted in: Star Catcher Publishing